I'm a full-stack engineer, pursuing a CS Masters part-time at GA Tech. With 8 years of Rails experience, I'm searching for a team that subscribes to and follows excellent code design and development practices, with a codebase to prove it.
Our philosophies will align well if your team subscribes to:
- XP development practices like pairing, peer review, TDD, CI
- Sandi Metz’ “rules” as a guideline
- SOLID OO design
- GitHub Flow
- Community style guides, verified by robots
- HumaneDevelopment.org tenets, especially empthy
- Designing with awareness toward mutability and side effects
- I write beautiful code that others can understand and reason about.
- I am a master troubleshooter, organized and able to solve problems quickly.
My biggest achievement and my soft skills
I think I'm an alright guy, and others tend to think so too. :-)
- I lift up the teams I work on, in both happiness level and skill level
- I understand tradeoffs and make wise judgement calls based on business priorities
- I communicate clearly, both verbally and especially written
- Fulltime work
- Remote work
Industries I worked in
- Digital Products & Services
Companies I worked for
On-Site.com, TheNinthCut, SciMed Solutions